“Ancient Headwaters” 20 Acres Placer Gold Claim, Nevada
- Recorded past gold producer. 1000's of ounces of GOLD have been found in Buckeye Creek
- One of only a handful of available claims along Buckeye Creek
- Seasonal water supply/creek, best in Spring/Early Summer
- Easy year round 2 wheel drive access to the claim. Also tractor/camper/back-ho/accessible
- Just a few miles outside of all the conveniences and amenities of Minden, NV.
- Over 1000 feet of gold bearing creek water frontage!
- Ideal for small / medium sized mining operations. Accessible from a well maintained dirt road.
- Verified gold deposit remains (see sample results below)
- Merge on to US-395 and head South.
- Continue North on US-395 through Carson City, towards Minden, NV.
- 1 mile before you get to Minden, turn right on Stockyard Rd.
- Continue on Stockyard Rd. for approx 6.5 miles
- About 1/2 mile from the claim an unmarked dirt road on the left will take you creek-side to the claim.
prior to making an offer,please send contact us.
"Access: From Reno, 45 miles south on U.S. Highway 395 to Minden; from there, dirt roads parallel Buckeye Creek for 20 miles eastward to the Mount Siegel placer area in the Pine Nut Range.
Source: The placer gold is a reconcentration of material derived from Tertiary sedimentary rocks in recent gully gravels. No lode source is exposed in the Mount Siegel area; south of Mount Siegel, gold veins are found in quartz monzonite in the Silver Lake (Red Canyon) district. Presumably, erosion of similar veins during the Tertiary was the source of the placer gold that has been reconcentrated in the recent gravels on Buckeye Creek."
- Excerpt from "Placer Deposits in Nevada" by Mareen G. Johson
USGS report from 1976
About Us, Mountain Man Mining™